Water Heater Rebate Program
North Central Electric Cooperative offers rebates for the installation of a qualified electric water heater. Rebate amounts vary depending on the type of water heater installation and range from $125 to $500.
Requirements for Rebate
- Must be a minimum 50-gallon tank
- Must be greater than 91 percent efficiency
- Must install a load control switch on the electric elements
The cooperative will deduct $1.50 each month off your electric bill for the install of the load control switch
- New construction, lifetime warranty - $500
- New construction, all other warranties - $250
- Conversion from natural gas, propane or fuel oil water heater, lifetime warranty - $500
- Conversion from natural gas, propane or fuel oil water heater, all other warranties - $250
- Replacement of electric water heater, lifetime warranty - $250
- Replacement of electric water heater, all other warranties - $125
At the time of the water heater installation, a water quality test for hardness will be conducted. If the water quality exceeds 20 grains, a water treatment system may be installed, at the members expense, within one year from the date of the water heater installation to maintain parts and labor coverage for 10 years; otherwise warranty coverage reverts to manufacturer's warranty (varies depending on application).