The North Central Electric Cooperative lobby will be temporarily closed beginning Thursday, March 30, as employees shift work locations as renovations begin wrapping up. This transition may cause our electronic systems to be temporarily unavailable until Monday, April 3, potentially affecting NCE’s phones, online account access, and payment systems.
After the move, lobbies will remain closed as the co-op operates under a temporary occupancy permit. This closure could remain in effect into May as supply chain issues delay the delivery of final construction components necessary to open the building to the public. Until our permanent occupancy is granted, we are unable to allow anyone but employees into the building.
Although we will not be able to accept in-person payments during this time, we encourage members to make use of the several other options available to them, including:
- Pay online through the SmartHub website or app. Click here for more information about SmartHub, including how to sign up for AutoPay.
- 24-hour night deposit access is available via the payment box located on the west side of the building.
- Mail your payment using the envelope included in your bill.
- Pay by telephone with a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover debit or credit card or by electronic check at 1-866-999-8460 (no additional fees).
- Drop off payment at any of NCE’s bill payment stations. Payment stations collect payment from the 1st through the 15th only. A complete list of payment stations can be found here.
Members can still call the cooperative during the temporary lobby closure with any questions or concerns, including 24/7 outage reporting, at 800-426-3072.